What is Sexual Reluctance?
Sexuality is an important point in the life of individuals. The positive or negative situations that individuals encounter in their sexual lives affect their psychology, emotions and social well-being. Sexual reluctance is defined as a decrease in the desire of individuals to have sexual intercourse. Sexual reluctance, also known as "sexual coldness" in the society, is the state of not having any sexual desire in a woman or a man despite the presence of sufficient sexual drive. Loss of sexual desire; It can be called the decrease in the activity in sexual life or the end of sexual life.
Sexual Reluctance Symptoms and Erectile Dysfunction
Although people have desire and desire in their sexual life, the penis does not harden enough to have sexual intercourse. This situation can also be experienced during the continuation of sexual intercourse. If this situation that men encounter is continuous, it is called Erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction, which can contain many different psychological and physiological causes, can only be treated if the underlying causes are revealed. A permanent and effective solution is reached as a result of the treatment to be applied in this direction by revealing the causes that cause the erection problem.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction:
- The penis does not become hard enough to have sexual intercourse,
- Although erection occurs in the penis at the beginning of sexual intercourse, loss of erection without satisfaction,
- It can be listed as the loss of erection due to premature ejaculation during sexual intercourse.
Causes of Sexual Reluctance?
The causes of sexual reluctance are examined under two headings: physical and psychological.
Physical causes:Many physical conditions can cause problems in sexual relations. These diseases include diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, hormonal imbalances, chronic diseases such as kidney or liver failure, excessive alcohol use and drug use. In addition to all these, the side effects of some drugs, including some antidepressant drugs, can cause sexual reluctance.
Psychological reasons:In addition to the stress and anxiety experienced by individuals in their daily lives, the problems they experience in their marriage or relationships, depression, concerns about their bodies or the effects of a previous sexual trauma are among the psychological causes.
Types of Sexual Reluctance in Men
Sexual reluctance is a common sexual problem among men, and the decrease or absence of sexual desire is generally expressed as low libido. Low libido is mainly evaluated together with hormonal or physical disorders.
Types of Sexual Reluctance;
- Unwillingness to have sexual intercourse:Sexual aversion is a common but underrecognized syndrome. It manifests itself as a reluctance to participate in sexual activity, with avoidance of any touch or communication that may lead to sexual intercourse. This syndrome usually presents as a lack of libido, low sex drive, inhibited sexual desire or arousal disorder. Along with other sexual dysfunctions, it can be seen as a triggering cause or effect. However, aversion may also be the only dysfunction present. Once sexual abstinence is correctly diagnosed, identifying the type of aversion present is a prerequisite for appropriate treatment.
- Inability to get an erection:It is defined as the inability to achieve and maintain adequate erection for sexual intercourse. It is normal for men to experience erectile dysfunction from time to time. But if erectile dysfunction is an ongoing problem, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence, and lead to relationship problems. Problems with or maintaining an erection can be a sign of an underlying health condition that requires treatment or a risk factor for heart disease.
What Causes Sexual Reluctance in Men?
Male sexual aversion is emerging as a growing problem among men. Erectile dysfunction is often described as the primary complaint. Testosterone deficiency, hyperprolactinemia, drug-related side effects are important factors affecting sexual desire. As a result of research on erectile dysfunction, it has been seen that the age of the individual is an important factor. The table below shows the age dependence of Erectile Dysfunction.
Age relatedness of erectile dysfunction (ED)
|Age Group (Years)||ED Prevalance (%)||Distress (%) (with ED present and defined as unsatisfactory sex life)|
Sexual Reluctance Shock Wave (Modus ED SWT) Treatment
Shockwave technology is used to generate extracorporeal acoustic waves to treat specific areas deep within body tissue. Ed swt Shock Wave therapy is a treatment method that induces neovascularization of the affected area, relieves pain, improves (accelerates) blood flow, and results in tissue regeneration. Shock Wave Therapy plays an active role in the treatment of sexual reluctance problems faced by men. Shock wave therapy creates microtrauma in the tissue affected by these problems, thereby eliminating the problem. This microtrauma initiates a healing response by the body. The healing response favors blood vessel formation and greater delivery of nutrients to the affected area. Although the duration of the treatment is planned according to the diagnosis of the person, 5-10 sessions of treatment are generally recommended for optimal results.
Get Answers From Our Doctors